Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Skip a week, you forget what happened!

Time for a blog update! Actually, I'm way overdue. But I've been busy, as usual.

Let me think of what I've been doing! I honestly can't remember anything that happened the week of the 8th. I'm sure I did stuff, but I don't know what.

I went on a field trip with the other teachers at school on the 13th. We went to Jeollanamdo, the province to the very southwest of Korea (where Miok is from), and visited three temples. It was a fun time. My vice principal is crazy! He came up to me on the bus at 8:20am and said "Kayla, soju." I told him it was wayyyy too early for drinking and his response was "Come on, baby!" I think I turned bright red. I have no idea where he is getting his English from. He got drunk at dinner that evening and started saying "Thank you thank thank thank you very much!" because I agreed to tell someone we both know to call him. He said "Oh, you great great friend! So good!" He also told me to not show up to school on Monday because I didn't take the soju he gave me in one shot. He said "No! Monday. Monday? Monday! I don't want to see you!"

Me with Miyoung, my mentor teacher

Some of the staff waiting

The maples were SO beautiful! This is what I was looking for last fall.

Last week I only taught three days. Thursday was another school field trip (gosh, I love those!) so we went to Taean, a city by the west coast. We went to a garden where the kids had to listen to a woman talk about the trees and take notes. Then we went to the beach! It was so much fun hanging out with the kids there.

Listening to the tour guide talk about how the island looks like a turtle. Looks like Judo in Wando to me.

Kids being kids.

Oh goodness! These 5th grade boys are so hard to handle! They do what they want, when they want! ToT

So cute! These two are some of my favorite students, mostly because they're picked on a LOT! The other kids say they smell bad, but I've never noticed anything. John isn't the cleanest kid ever, but he's a kid. He's just as dirty as Joseph, and Joseph isn't picked on. As for Lisa...I think she has extra tutoring, so the other kids have labeled her as an outcast.

Friday, I had to go to Cheonan for a TaLK training event. It was really boring and a waste of time. We didn't even get trained. It was just other TaLK scholars talking about what they're doing at school. We're all doing the same thing, so why did we need to hear it all? After the training finished (late), groups of us went to a Pho (Vietnamese noodles) restaurant. I say groups because I was in a group of four, and after a while, two other groups of TaLK scholars came to the same restaurant! Tammy was taking stalker pictures of another group and at one point, people started using chopsticks as wands. We were all pretty crazy from having been stuck in the same room all day. After dinner, I bought Krispy Kreme donuts, and came home.

Tammy taking stalker shots!

Posing with an awesome display for MAC make-up. They had Disney villains and it said something like "Venomous Villains"

Super tired Charlotte eating Pho

Saturday, I did nothing but homework. I didn't leave my room at all. I made posts, I did my drop box assignment, and I studied for my test. I took the test on Sunday after church and got a B. Good, but I was hoping for an A. I currently have a 89% in the class. I thought my grade would be a lot lower than that with all the stress I was feeling in the beginning.

Three weeks of pictures!

2010.11.08

2010.11.15

2010.11.22 - Looks nearly identical to the week before. I had to check to make sure I wasn't posting the same picture twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment