Monday, September 27, 2010

Chuseok Week

It's been a long time since I posted! I'm going to make this post quickly and then go to bed for reasons I'll explain later.

Chuseok was really nice! I spent the week at Miok's parents house in Wando. Miok was sick for about half of the vacation, so I watched tv. I think I watched about 10 movies while I was there!
The last half of the vacation, Miok was better, so we walked around and saw a lot of really cool places. I posted all of my pictures on facebook, so look there if you want to see.

Today, I was invited to my very first 회식, hwesik, or teacher's dinner party. It was very nice! We had so many courses, and the principal had a drink with everyone. I think he drank quite a bit. In the middle of the last toast he made, he said "I love you" in English. A few other teachers responded with "Me, too." It was really funny.

Waiting for other teachers to arrive.
Course one!
Courses two and three!
Patbingsu for dessert

This week is going to be crazy for me. I'll only teach two days. I taught today, and I will teach on Thursday. Tomorrow, other teachers are coming to my school, and there is going to be a big volleyball tournament, so I was told I should participate. I hope I'm not terrible. They play every Wednesday, but so far, I haven't had a chance to play with them. Then, tomorrow evening, I'm going to a musical at the river for the Baekjae festival (세계대백제전) with Mr. Lennon and maybe some other people from church. A few friends from the TaLK program are also coming into town that night, so I might go out for some drinks with them after the show.
On Wednesday, the entire school is going to the Baekjae festival in Gongju (공주), and on Friday, we're all going to the Baekjae festival in Buyeo (부여). I'm really excited about the Baekjae festival. I went one day last year, and had a ton of fun. This year, the festival is SO much bigger! Last year was kind of small because they were very worried about Swine Flu.

AND I'm going to start a project with this blog! I got the idea from my advisor at Columbia College, Mr. Perkins. I'm going to take a picture of my school at the same spot and time each week, and post the pictures here. It will be nice to see the small changes, and it will force me to update semi-regularly. I'm going to be taking the pictures on Monday at 11:30am when I arrive at school. Here is the picture from today, Monday, Sept. 27th.



For now, I'm going to bed. Why am I going to bed at 8:30pm? One, I have to meet the vice-principal at the bus terminal at 8:10am tomorrow to ride to school, and two, I have a cavity that is KILLING me! It's fine in the morning, but by the end of the day, if I don't have dental floss on me, it absolutely hurts! But on a bright note, I should have received my paycheck today, so I should be able to go to a dentist soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment